Wednesday, April 3, 2013

"How's Therapy Going Lizzy"...?

Hello Everyone!

Today's post is basically another Physical Therapy Update, and more importantly to answer a question I have been asked by a couple of people since I started therapy. I also believe this is an appropriate question that'll be in the mind of most people, so why not write a blog post about it?. Lol..

Well, this is week Three since I started therapy. Yes, I know right? Time flies!!!
As stated previously, I go for physical therapy at project walk 3 times a week for 2 hours each day.

The answer to the question: How's therapy going Lizzy? Is ....
"Therapy is going well!!! There has not been a day since I started that I get home and NOT sleep! Seriously, it's that extreme to my body, at least in this beginning stage.
I am giving it my ALL and working myself out. I do what I am being instructed to do, and I've been challenged to do certain things I didn't think I had the strength or ability to do.
Project Walk Dallas has certainly helped me move past my comfort zone in a lot of ways and I must confess at this junction that there have been things I would say "NO" to at first (Because I don't want to break any bones), but they'd assure me to give it a try and they remind me I'm in a safe environment.
Everything is going as well as well is.

BUT, To Put it bluntly, I am not walking on my own yet. I haven't lost sight of my goal - which is walking, so, I will say, I am certainly working towards it with the help of the therapist and all the equipment available.

Spinal Cord Injury Recovery is a process and I am having to Train my brain and body to do things it could do before the car accident. I believe with my continued dedication, hard work, and the ultimate grace of God, I will have bigger, greater and better news for you all soon.

Please continue to pray for me, and I'll do my best to update you via this blog, my Instagram and Facebook pages. :-)

Here's a picture from today - Post therapy. I didn't have a Photographer available to take pictures of me during therapy. Lol

That's it for now y'all.
Till Later, God Bless.

6 comments:

Please Leave a comment if you wish to. I read each and everyone! Remember to "Subscribe to Post" if you want to get a notification for my reply to your comment...